To be honest, I have not written a year in Review before and that is because towards the end of each year, I am like “I could have done more” lol.
Nothing. I was traveling and I started to reflect l on how we started Sendchamp and the progress we made in 2022. I started to jot down some of the highlights for us last year then I decided to share it with our team and just decided to share in public.
This review is an highlight of our team’s good work in solving the most complex problem yet for businesses in Africa; communication and why it should not be taken for granted.
Here are highlights of major things we achieved in 2022:
- We achieved the most stable state of our product yet
- We pioneered Africa’s first business messaging app starting on mobile called Bodsquare. We have onboarded over 4k+ businesses in 4 months since private beta launch. It allows businesses support customers across social channels like FB, IG, Twitter. More offline channels to come.
- We also grew in messages processed by 448.81% and revenue by 422.98% compared to the few months we launched our private beta in 2021
- We made efforts in giving back through a few CSR initiatives in the tech ecosystem. Looking forward to doing more this year.
- We got into On Deck Accelerator early in the year and also exhibited at TechCrunch Disrupt at San Francisco.
- We added more messaging channels to our infrastructure for two-way communication between businesses and their customers making it 7 channels.
- Secured partnership with a telco in Nigeria for a product some of our customers have asked for. To be launched Q1 2023.
- Businesses engaged and reached out to their customers in over 10 countries in Africa through Sendchamp.
Every day for my team and I in 2022 required a lot of courage and resolve. We were building, learning and solving hurdles required to achieve our mission of solving Africa’s fractured / complicated communication problem. That is why this highlight is a testimony of Rollercoaster & Grit.
We are thankful to our customers, you are the reason we are always motivated to make communication seamless for businesses.
To our partners, advisors and investors, thank you for the insights & learnings shared so far.
Looking forward to a more super-charged review in 2023.